Self Publishing Workshop
Bringing your words to life
Mercure York Fairfield Manor, York, YO30 1XW
This valuable interactive workshop invites first-time authors or those who’ve always wanted to write their own book, to come along and learn how to self-publish your work in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
Indie authors K. L. Shandwick and Ava Manello, who between them have self-published over forty titles across a range of genres covering both fact and fiction, will demystify the self-publishing journey.
Sharing their experiences, both good and bad, what worked and what didn’t, the workshop will touch on the writing and marketing processes before going into detail on how to transform your manuscript into both digital and print formats and make it available for sale internationally, without breaking the bank.
Places are limited so book your ticket now.
Following the workshop, you will be given access to a private Facebook group where you can continue to interact with other members of the workshop and access all the resources from the day.
The workshop will run from 9.30am until 4.00pm with lunch and refreshments provided.
The workshop will cover:
- Before you publish – what you need to know
- Writing your book is the tip of the iceberg – everything else you need to consider
- What you are writing – fact/fiction, research, planning or not, content and more
- How do you write? – everything from writing tools to editing, proofreading and more
- The importance of your book cover and blurb
- Marketing and Promotion
- Publishing platforms and formats and how to use them
- Useful resources to make your self-publishing journey easier
So what are you waiting for book your ticket now as places are limited.